Almost everything is turning portable these days. This is a result of the increasing demand from consumers to have more space-saving stuff. The wide availability of foldable bikes in Malaysia is another great advantage for those who prefer a more affordable way to go around the district, without the hassle of commuting and highway traffic congestion. The fact that it can be folded also solves storage problems inside the house or even your office.
Table of Contents
- 8 Best Folding Bikes in Malaysia
- User-Friendly EcoSport Begasso 26 Inch
- Easy to Maneuver GTE 20 Inch Foldable Bike
- Best for Students GTE 16 Inch
- Electric Folding Bike Fresco Folding Electric Bicycle 250W
- Best for Cycling Enthusiast Nordictrack Folding Bike
- Easy Assembly VOICE G9 FOLDABLE BIKE
- Ensured Safety UTANKING Folding Bike
- Premium Quality Dahon HIT Folding Bike 6
- Top Folding Bike Brands in Malaysia
- The Ultimate Guide to Buying a Folding Bike
- The different types of foldable bikes
- What to look for when buying a folding bike
Folding Bike Comparison Table:
(scroll right for more)
EcoSport Begasso Full Double Suspension Foldable Bicycle
GTE Foldable Bike
GTE 16 Inch Folding Speed Bicycle
Fresco Folding Electric Bicycle 250W
Nordictrack Folding Bike
VOICE G9 FOLDABLE BIKE
UTANKING Folding Bike
Dahon HIT Folding Bike 6
Here are the top 8 best folding bikes in Malaysia:
8 Best Folding Bikes in Malaysia
1. EcoSport Begasso 26 Inch Full Double Suspension Foldable Bicycle
Ready to hit the trails? This EcoSport Begasso mountain bike is just what you need. It’s sturdy and easy to fold, making it perfect for taking on the go. Plusts full suspension and high tense carbon frame. With its full suspension and high tense carbon frame And don’t forget those disc brakes–they’ll come in handy when you need to stop on a dime. So what are you waiting for? Get yourself an EcoSport Begasso mountain bike today!
- Easy to store
- 26” Double Alloy Rim
- High-quality carbon frame
- Other 26” alloy rim has a greater load capacity
2. GTE 20 Inch Foldable Bike
Easy to Maneuver
This bike is perfect for city living! Its ingenious folding design means it can be easily folded and stored away when you don’t need it. It’s also comfortable and safe to ride, making it the perfect choice for urban cycling. Plus, the quick-release seat means you can adjust it to fit you perfectly.
- Three steps folding
- Easy to adjust the height
- Environmentally friendly material
- Hard to assemble to start with
So why not take your GTE Foldable Bike for a test drive today?Check prices on Lazada
3. GTE 16 Inch Folding Speed Bicycle Double Disc Brake
Best for Students
This GTE folding speed bicycle is perfect for anyone looking for a convenient, durable bike that doesn’t skimp on quality. With a non-slip wearable handle and high-quality grip, this bike is ideal for cyclists of any experience level. The saddle lifting device makes it easy to adjust the saddle’s height according to your needs. At the same time, the comfortable croissant with rubber material provides a stable and enjoyable cycling experience.
- Adaptive to different road conditions
- Low maintenance needed
- Smoother operation
- Low mass capacity
4. Fresco Folding Electric Bicycle 250W
Electric Folding Bike
Electric bikes are also getting popular around Malaysia these days. You get the convenience of a motorcycle, except it is quieter and easier to maintain. Contrary to electric motorcycles, this model gives you the option to use the pedal still, especially if you want to put in some physical activity. It’s one of the best choices out there, especially for those who plan to use bikes in going to the office. You do not have to arrive in your office out of breath because you can just switch to the electric-assisted mode of your bike.
- 250W centred motor
- Controller: Pedaling Run/Pedaling-Electric Assist Run
- Battery 24V 12Ah Lead-acid battery, with Overload protection, Low voltage protection
- If not careful, there is a tendency for the battery runs out in the middle of use
5. Nordictrack Folding Bike 26
Best for Cycling Enthusiast
The Nordictrack Folding Bike 26 is perfect for anyone who wants a bike that’s easy to store and transport. The foldable frame makes it simple to take with you on the go, while the 26″ Kenda tyres provide a smooth ride. Plus, this bike can handle any road condition this bike can handle any road condition with the Shimano 21 speed system and adjustable front fork suspens. And when you need to stop quickly, the front and rear mechanical disc brake will do the job.
- Built-in water cage, bell, rear kickstand, colour manual, Allen key
- Three colour choices
- On the more expensive side
6. VOICE G9 FOLDABLE BIKE
The VOICE G9 FOLDABLE BIKE is perfect for anyone looking for a quick, easy way to get around town. With its lightweight design and quick-release seat post clamp, it’s easy to fold up and take with you wherever you go. And with its alloy mechanical disc brake and alloy double rim, you can be sure that this bike will perform well even under the most demanding conditions.
- Sporty,, comfortable seat
- Foldable pedal
- Easy assembly
7. UTANKING Folding Bike
With its Shimano-branded groupset and foldable design, the VOICE G9 FOLDABLE BIKE is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a versatile and convenient bike. Its 20” inch wheel and seven speeds gear make it perfect for both urban and outdoor settings, while its double disc brake ensures safety and precision braking. The height-adjustable handlebar and seat also make it comfortable to ride no matter your height. And with an aluminium frame that’s anti-rust and lightweight, this bike is built to last.
- Stable riding
- Convenient storing
- 7-speed gears
- Hard to assemble
8. Dahon HIT Folding Bike 6
Dahon HIT Folding Bike 6 bike is perfect for anyone looking for a smooth and stable ride. With its Hi-Ten steel blades and steerer, forged alloy radius telescope with fusion technology, and lightweight aluminium rim, this bike is sure to make your journey a breeze. And don’t worry about having to carry it around with you – at only 12.06kg, it’s easy to take wherever you go. So why not give the Dahon HIT Folding Bike 6 a try today? You won’t be disappointed!
- Easy storage
- Made with premium quality
- 6-speed gear setting
- Priciest among the list
Best Folding Bike Brands in Malaysia:
Dahon is a brand that focuses on providing mobility as they believe that mobility is freedom. Dahon’s folding bikes, contrary to the name, unfolds the world for you. With multiple models, you can be assured that with this brand, you can find the perfect one for your lifestyle.
The folding bikes in Norditrack is certainly made for anyone who prefers to use bikes for workingout rather than a casual ride. Both Dahon and Norditrack creates incredible foldable bikes, however Norditrack as a brand focuses on exercise equipments.
UtanKing is your go to for anything outdoor at that involves folding bikes to help you with your outdoor adventures! Although they only started last 2020, they have been slowing growing with their main mission in mind, to provide the best outdoor comfort for everyone!
The Ultimate Guide to Buying a Folding Bike
It’s not a secret that bikes are great for your health, your wallet, and the environment. But if you’re not sure where to start, it can be challenging to know which bike is best for you.
Whether you’re looking for a bike to commute to work, play with your kids, or simply get a little exercise, there are a lot of great options to choose from. Here’s our ultimate guide to buying a folding bike.
Difference between a folding bike and a traditional bike
A folding bike offers the best of both worlds. It’s a lightweight, compact bike that’s easy to transport quickly folds to the size of a briefcase, and packs down into a small box. You can fold most folding bicycles down in less than two minutes.
Here are the sizes you’ll need depending on your bike size and your needs. You’ll be happy to know that most bikes come with various levels of foldability. That way, you can find the folding bike that is right for you.
Also, you won’t have to pay through the nose for a special folding bike. Depending on your bike size, you may find you need to purchase wheels and a basket separately.
What to Look for When Buying a Folding Bike Before you start shopping, make sure you check out the features and requirements of the bike you’re considering. If you are still doubting if folding bikes are for you, check out this post for reasons to see the pros or cons of a foldable bike!
The different types of foldable bikes
Before you buy a folding bike, you need to understand what these various models are and how they work. First of all, there are two types of folding bikes: hard and soft.
A hard folding bike folds with your hands in a very similar way to a suitcase. This is the most expensive type of bike, but it’s also the only one you can truly travel with. On the other hand, a soft folding bike folds with your feet.
Both types of folding bikes are great for folding into a smaller size than most conventional bikes. So, if you’re worried about fitting a folding bike into your luggage, then you’ll probably want to go for a hard bike. If you’re travelling daily and don’t plan to bike home each day, then a soft folding bike is a great option for you.
What to look for when buying a folding bike
Here are more tips on choosing a folding bike based on your lifestyle:
- Size and Weight – Folding bikes come in many sizes; from tiny fold-ups that can fit into a handbag, to the large 12-speed version that you see on streets. Large folding bikes have more features such as gears and suspensions than compact varieties. It is up to your needs which model you choose because if you will mostly use it around the city where bicycles are generally smaller, you should go for small models with fewer features. If your journey length or terrain varies significantly, then investing in a bigger and sturdier bike may be advisable because these offer more comfort and additional options.
- Number of Gears – Folding bikes usually have anywhere between 3 to 18 gears depending on the type of riding you plan to do. If you plan on travelling at a casual pace, 3 to 8 gears should be sufficient. But if you want to ride in hilly areas, 12 gears or more will benefit you, especially when going up steep slopes because it can lower the strain on your legs.
- Shifting System – There are only three common types of shifting systems for folding bikes: hub gear system, derailleur and grip shifter. A hub gear system is the most durable among the three but also has the highest price tag due to its complexity when it comes to parts replacement or repair when a thing goes wrong. Derailleurs offer lighter weight construction and less maintenance cost but are vulnerable to dust and water damage because it is exposed while shifters offer fast-shifting speed. Leans more here.
- Wheel Size – Wheel size used on folding bikes generally falls between 12 inches and 20 inches. Smaller-sized wheels are lighter and easier to carry during transportation but struggle on rough terrains. A little larger wheel diameter gives a sturdier ride but can be harder to store or carry around especially if you have small spaces at home or office.
- Frame material – There are two types of frame materials commonly used in folding bikes: aluminium alloy and steel. An advantage of aluminium is it’s lightweight compared to steel but dents easily when hit by hard objects. It makes sense for people who plan on going off the beaten path because it is more durable than alloy depending on build quality. On the other hand, a of steel frames is their ability to withstand impact and extreme weather conditions, although this may affect the overall portability of your bike.
Apart from the features of the folding bike, also make sure to find a good bike dealer that can provide after-sales support and spare parts replacement. A good dealer should be able to provide a warranty for all parts including the frame, so any damage can easily be taken care of without spending too much on replacement costs. Seek advice from friends or family members who owns a folding bike if possible because this ensures that you get the best bike that is right for your needs and budget. This should likewise include extended warranty coverage for your bike and all its other accessories.
Now, let’s looks at what to avoid.
- Avoid bikes with rigid handlebars (i.e. fixed). You don’t want something that flexes or bends easily.
- Avoid bikes that use a chain to connect both the front and rear wheel. Make sure it has a solid rear wheel so you can easily stop and lock your bike up.
- Avoid bikes that have a front disc brake or a rear disc brake. They don’t work very well when folding, so the wheel can rotate and damage the rear axle.
Buy a good quality bike. Choose a bike with a sturdy frame, anti-freeze cables, an adjustable seat, a step-through stem, and extra-large rims. A bike with a step-through stem will help you easily fold it.
What are the best brands of foldable bikes in Malaysia?🚴♂️
Popular brands include EcoSport, GTE, MONTBIKE, and Nordictrack
How do I choose the right folding bike online?🚴♂️
Look for a bike that is easy to fold, almost as easy as a baby’s stroller. Cheaper ones are usually only recommended for city driving, while the more expensive ones are built for different road conditions, thus making it a safe bet for long rides.
Can I buy an electric folding bicycle?
Yes, there are available folding bicycles that are already electric-powered. Consider checking out Fresco Folding Electric Bicycle 250W in the market!
Click here for other fitness related articles.
- How to clean standing fan easily - September 24, 2022
- How Long Does a Fan Last? – Electric fan Maintenance Guide - September 23, 2022
- Can electric fans be left on 24 hours a day? - September 23, 2022
This article was brought to you by BestAdvisor.my
Disclaimer: This is the opinion of the writer or publication. We only recommend products or services that we have tested and tried ourselves or have done in-depth research with positive external reviews and find them to be useful for everyone. The products/services shown are available upon the publication date. The availability may change from time to time. If some of them are not available, please email us at [email protected]. Thank you!
Last Updated on