If you check out the hair section of the most beauty and pharmacy shops, it is noticeable that women significantly have more products to help with their hair styling and grooming. This still does not include the other electronic tools that can also be used for hairstyling. As of men, hair tonic is one of the few staples. Apart from grooming requirements, some men also turn to hair tonic to ensure healthy and stimulates hair growth. Here we review some of the best brands of hair tonic that became popular in the recent years including crowd-favorite Yanagiya, Midori, and Grafen.
Table of Contents
- Hair Tonic Comparison Table
- Best for preventing hair flakes Schwarzkopf Seborin Aktiv Hair Tonic
- Best for Hair Loss YANAGIYA Hair Medicated Hair Growth Tonic
- Best to strengthen hair Mensive Hair Re-growth Tonic
- Best for Hair Growth Tonic 5 Seconds Repairs Restore Damage Hair
- Large Size SCHWARZKOPF Seborin Hair Tonic
- Best for Moisturizing Audace Regan Hair Fall Control Tonic
- Best for Hair Growth Aily Hair Tonic Vitamin D-Panthenol
- Best Scalp Tonic Select Anti-Aging Regrowth Hair Tonic
- Best for Irritated scalp MIDORI Hair Density Shampoo
- Best for oily hair [GRAFEN] Root Booster
- What is the difference between hair tonic and shampoo?
- Best Hair tonic brands Malaysia
Hair Tonic Malaysia Comparison Table
|Product||Rating||Price||Best for||Main Ingredient|
Schwarzkopf Seborin Aktiv
|Hair revitalization||Vitamin B5|
YANAGIYA Hair Medicated
|Moisture retention||natural remedy extracts|
Mensive Hair Re-growth Tonic
5 Seconds Repairs Restore Damage Hair 60ml Soft Hair Mask Roots
|Dry, Damaged Hair||Argan Oil|
Audace Regan Extra
|Hair fall||Balm Mint, Vit. B5|
Aily Vitamin D-Panthenol
|Dandruff||Vit. D- Panthenol|
Select Anti-Aging Regrowth
MIDORI Hair Loss Solution
|Hair loss||Arnica Extract, Keratin|
[GRAFEN] Root Booster
|Oily Hair||Keratin, Amino Acids|
1. Schwarzkopf Seborin Aktiv Hair Tonic – 300ml
Best hair tonic for also preventing hair flakes
Most tonics come in smaller packaging so it’s a relief to find a brand that offers it in larger sizes. This works so well on any hair type that you’ll definitely want to have the one of the best hair tonic in Malaysia. You may experience a slight tingling due to the ginger extract, but this is simply the product working hard for you. After consistent use, schwarzkopf seborin aktiv hair tonic will also prevent hair thinning & flakes. This is one of the best hair tonics in Malaysia.
- A hair care product that regenerates the hair from the roots to the tip.
- The Pro-Vitamin B5 penetrates into the hair, prevent hair loss and repairs damaged hair from within.
- Ginger root extract strengthens the hair scalp
- Strong herbal smell
2. YANAGIYA Hair Medicated Hair Growth Tonic 240ml
Best for Men Struggling with Hair Loss
Yanagiya is one of the trusted brands when it comes to natural and effective skin and body products. This is one of those hair growth tonics specially formulated for men struggling with hair loss. Reduce further hair loss. It works holistically in ensuring that your scalp is healthy and pollutant-free, which are also essential for sustained hair growth.
- Provide moisture to the scalp
- Stimulates hair growth
- Eliminate dandruff
- Prevent oily & itchy scalp which reduce hair loss
- The only problem is restocking this product, can be quite a struggle to find this locally.
3. Mensive Hair Re-growth Tonic (60ml)
Best Hair Tonic for Strengthens Hair
This one is a concentrated scalp treatment that you can use apart from your shampoo products.
For maximum results, make sure to massage thoroughly and gently onto scalp upon application. It does not take too much product per application, so your 60 ml will go a long way. Mensive is one of the best hair tonics in Malaysia since 2018.
- Anti-Hair fall hair tonic
- Anti dandruff/Loss dandruff
- Encourage Renewal and hair growth
- Hair Strengthen Hair for Faster Longer Hair Growth
- Pump is a bit problematic, it either releases too much product than what you need.
4. 5 Seconds Repairs Restore Damage Hair 60ml Soft Hair Mask Roots
Best Hair Growth Tonic for Damage Repair
Normally, we would fall for this high claims especially when it comes to hair products, but this product really did live up to its promise! Men and women can both use it. The key to the effectiveness of this product is the sophisticated technology behind the formulation.
It replenishes hair nutrients and adds protection to the cuticle to boosts hair’s overall health and hair growth, while also reducing common scalp irritations.
- Formulated with Advance Molecular Technology Treatment to deeply penetrate deep down into the roots to target and strengthen hair follicles.
- Prevention of excessive hair loss, hair loss and help relieve dry hair and itchy scalp.
- Also reverses the effect of environmental stressors like sun damage, UV exposure.
- The smell can be a bit off-putting for some.
5. SCHWARZKOPF Seborin Hair Tonic
Most tonics come in smaller packaging so it’s a relief to find a brand that offers it in larger sizes. This works so well on any hair type that you’ll definitely want to have the 300 ml bottle.
You may experience a slight tingling due to the ginger extract, but this is simply the product working hard for you. After consistent use, Seborin Aktiv will also prevent hair flakes and hair loss.
Why buy this:
- Hair tonic malaysia choice to regenerates the hair from the roots to the tip.
- The Pro-Vitamin B5 penetrates into the hair and repairs damaged hair from within.
- Ginger root extract strengthens the scalp.
- For sensitive scalp, you may feel a tingling feeling during the first few uses.
6. Audace Regan Extra Hair Reactive and Hair Fall Control Tonic (200ml)
Best for Moisturizing Scalp
The German brand has finally reached Malaysia, and at bigger packaging! The product is packed with essential vitamins and minerals that will directly target our hair and scalp needs. We see many reviews saying it helps reduce hair fall and improve hair growth after using for 3 weeks.
It is also easy to apply and does not require any rinsing. It’s best to apply this and give yourself and quick scalp massage for better product absorption.
- Revitalizing dull hair
- Moisturizing the scalp
- Preventing hair fall
- So far, the only problem with this product is its packaging.
7. Aily Hair Tonic Vitamin D-Panthenol (100ml)
Best Hair Growth Tonic
Formulated from clean and high-quality ingredients that promote hair growth while keeping the hair lush. Gently massage the product to your scalp to maintain healthy hair growth. This formula assists in better hair styling while reducing scalp itchiness, other irritations, and preventing hair loss. Plus, it comes in a convenient 100ml bottle so you can take it with you wherever you go.
- Hair tonic Malaysia’s formulated for both men and women.
- Assists in better hair styling.
- Reduces scalp itchiness, other irritations and prevent hair loss.
- This is not for people who are looking for fragrant hair. This is totally unscented.
8. Select Anti-Aging Regrowth Hair Tonic 120ml
Best Scalp Tonic For Shiny and Healthy Hair
Powered with Omega 6 and Vitamin B5 Keratin, it is like getting your own hair spa at home. The best part is you end up with shiny and healthy hair.
Exfoliation is not commonly marketed for the scalp but this is actually a crucial process in ensuring that you maintain healthy hair growth, and this product can effectively facilitate that.
- Using hair tonic to regenerate and revitalize scalp skin through exfoliation
- Anti-ageing hair tonic uses dermabrasion technology
- Helps accelerate skin surface regeneration by up to 34% compared to untreated skin.
- Do a patch test ahead, if you will not encounter any irritation from the active ingredients.
9. MIDORI Hair Density Shampoo – Hair Loss Solution (300ml)
Best for Irritation-Free Scalp
This is a dream pair, and it smells just as fresh as its new look. Upgrade your bath experience while treating your hair to its much-needed nutrients with Midori Hair Tonic.
All these nutrients and minerals are packed in your hair tonic to ensure the health and irritation-free scalp. You also get moisturized hair without having to deal with an oily scalp. It also stimulate blood circulation to promote your hair growth.
- Arnica Extract: To treat alopecia neurotic, an anxiety condition leading to hair loss.
- Ivy Extract: Effective for anti-dandruff and able to promote healthy hair & scalp.
- Witch-Hazel Extract: Help slow down the oil production of the sebaceous glands in your scalp.
- Keratin Hydrolysate: Strengthen hair and provide much-needed nutrients.
- Amino Acid: Protective smoother, restructures damaged hair.
- Takes lots of patience, as you probably will not see the effects until after a month.
10. [GRAFEN] Root Booster
Best for oily hair
Looking for a hair tonic that can help keep your scalp healthy and your hair looking great? Look no further than GRAFEN Root Booster Hair Tonic! This easy-to-apply spray is perfect for quenching your scalp’s thirst for nourishment, and the refreshing scent will leave you feeling refreshed and invigorated. Plus, it helps to keep grease at bay, meaning your hair will stay looking fresh for days on end. So why wait? Give GRAFEN Root Booster Hair Tonic a try today!
- Easy to apply
- No heavy feeling, smells great
- The spraying mechanism could use a bit of improvement.
Best hair tonic brands Malaysia:
Yanagiya is a Japanese brand that has been making hair tonics with unique ingredients since the late 1800s. Yanagiya products are also widely popular due to its exceptional effectiveness in stimulating the growth of hairs, especially if it is used steadily for an extended period. Apart from these products, Yanagiya also produce shampoo, conditioner and various styling products that help give volume to your hair.
Seborin is a brand that uses more herbal ingredients in its products. It contains oils such as organic argan, organic sunflower oil and other essential herbal extracts such as red clover and horsetail extract. Apart from healthy hair growth, most people also feel that Seborin leaves their skin with a lifted and smoother appearance.
Besides hair tonic, Grafen also produces anti-dandruff shampoo and various types of lotions targeted at different age groups and genders. There are three series of their product which include the Clench Series (which help improve circulation thus reduce wrinkles), Aqua Series (which helps to provide long lasting hydration) and the Gold Line Series (which gives the skin a more radiant look).
What is the difference between hair tonic and shampoo?
Both may seem to have almost the same application method. Other shampoos claim to accomplish what hair tonics can. However, hair tonics are like our hair and scalp’s serum or lotion. They complement rather than replace shampoo.
They are meant to deliver nutrition directly to your scalp, without the cleansing and drying effect that usually happens with shampoo. Most of them are also formulated to stimulate hair growth, thus reducing chances of balding and lack of hair volume among both men and women. To learn more about hair tonics click here!
So, if you are looking for the best hair tonic to get rid of dandruff and hair loss, we have got you covered. We have compiled a list of the 10 best hair tonics in Malaysia that can help solve your scalp problems. All you need to do is find the right product for your needs and start using it regularly. Have you found a hair tonic that works well for you? Let us know in the comments below!
What are the best hair tonics brands in Malaysia?
Some of the best Hair Tonics in Malaysia include Schwarzkopf, Yanagiya, Watsons, and Mensive.
What can a hair tonic do for my hair?
Hair tonics addresses a lot of hair concerns including balding, dandruff, and hair loss.
What is the difference between hair tonic and shampoo?
Hair tonics are like our hair and scalp’s serum or lotion. They complement rather than replace shampoo.
They are meant to deliver nutrition directly to your hair and scalp, without the cleansing and drying effect that usually happens with shampoo.
How much are hair tonics in Malaysia?
Depending on the brand and size the you will buy, a good hair tonic should not cost more than RM50.00
What's The Effect Of Hair Tonic On Hair?
It isn't really bad for your hair. In fact, it's good for you as it has moisturizing properties and will keep your hair and your scalp properly moisturized. It is important for you to understand that a hair tonic has petroleum bases and therefore, it's important for you to buy something that has the least amount of petroleum products in it.
There are a number of options available in the market today that contain a variety of completely natural ingredients. You should also follow the directions on the package for applying it. It will get stiff once it's dry and this is why, you need to follow the directions in order to use it in the intended manner.
How Hair Tonic Helps With Hair Growth?
Hair tonics are liquid moisturizers that stimulate blood circulation to promote hair growth. They have refreshing scents and contain ingredients such as alcohol, oil, and ethanol. Also referred to as friction lotions, it can help reverse baldness on your scalp.
They can help your hair follicles grow longer and thicker. Barbers and hairstylists use tonics to keep hair wet for longer. When you apply hair tonic, scissors glide more easily over your hair while grooming. Tonics can also moisturize your dry scalp and deal with hair breakage.
There are ideal if you want to make your hair longer. They come in various forms, including gel and liquid. Tonics can boost and promote hair growth and clean clogged hair follicles.
How Long Does It Take For Hair Tonic To Really Work?
If you are wondering how long it will take for a hair tonic to really work, you have come to the right place. There are different types of hair tonics on the market today. All of these products are not created alike. High-quality products include potent ingredients that work really fast compared to some of the cheaper hair tonics out there.
You can expect results in roughly two weeks if you invest in a quality hair tonic product. The most important thing is to look for a quality hair tonic that includes all-natural ingredients to stimulate hair grow effectively and your hair follicles grow longer.
Is Hair Tonic Good For Your Scalp?
Hair tonics have started to increase in popularity again for very good reasons. For one, they do an excellent job when it comes to promoting scalp health and they add sheen and gloss to lifeless and drab hair. They can be described as a type of hair moisturizer that usually includes liquid petroleum or light oils. Witch hazel, alcohol, and other types of astringents are also added to stop the oil from weighing your hair down like waxes, creams, gels, and styling creams do.
Here are some of the main benefits of using hair tonics:
- Moisturizes the scalp and hair
- Improves the pH balance of the scalp
- Reduces itchiness and dandruff
Click here for other beauty related articles.
- Common Reasons Why Your Car Won’t Start - May 27, 2022
- Three Ways to Make the Most Out of Essential Oils - May 15, 2022
- 5 Positive Changes from Drinking Collagen in Three Months - May 10, 2022
This article was brought to you by BestAdvisor.my
Disclaimer: This is the opinion of the writer or publication. We only recommend products or services that we have tested and tried ourselves or have done in-depth research with positive external reviews and find them to be useful for everyone. The products/services shown are available upon the publication date. The availability may change from time to time. If some of them are not available, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!
Last Updated on