If you are a gamer, then it is time to upgrade from the regular keyboard. Mechanical keyboards can give you faster response times and more comfort than your average cheap keyboard. Plus they look really cool! You don’t have to break the bank either because there are great affordable mechanical keyboards for gamers that won’t cost an arm and a leg.
The 11 best gaming keyboards for beginner & extreme gamers below cover just about every budget range so be sure to read through them all before making that final decision on which one will suit your needs best. Happy hunting!
Table of Contents
- Best Mechanical Keyboard Comparison Table
- Double Injection Keycaps AULA F2058F2088
- Plug and Play AULA S2016/F2068
- Replaceable Switches TECWARE PHANTOM TKL
- With Hand Rest Armaggeddon SMK-9R RGB
- Best wireless mechanical keyboard Logitech G913 – Wireless
- Best portable mechanical keyboard Ducky One 2 Mini
- Long Key Life Philips SPK8405
- Customizable Layout Cooler Master CK350 Outemu
- Aluminium Plate MageGee Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Best quality and value for money ASUS TUF Gaming K3
- Macro-Key Enabled Razer Blackwidow V3
- How do I Choose the Best Mechanical Keyboard
- Best Brands of Mechanical Keyboard
Mechanical Keyboards Comparison Table
TECWARE Phantom TKL RGB
Ducky One 2 Mini
|Wireless and USB||Yes|
Cooler Master CK350
MageGee Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
ASUS TUF Gaming K3 Mechanical Gaming
RAZER BLACKWIDOW V3
1. AULA F2058F2088
Double Injection Keycaps
The aesthetics of the keyboard is as important as the functionality. This keyboard has 22 types of illusion lighting effects, and the brightness can also easily be adjusted. There are even options to customize your own game light. Complete the perfect gaming atmosphere with the addition of this keyboard on your set up, there even a lot of choices in the switches that can definitely cater to your preference.
- Satellite switch design that makes the button more stable and comfortable to use
- Double-injection keycap that ensures the keys won’t fade easily and keycaps get difficult to oil.
- Magnetic hand rest that is pretty easy to mount in front of your keyboard for ultimate comfort.
- Some people complained about unresponsive buttons after some time of using
Check prices on Lazada
2. AULA S2016/F2068
Plug and Play
This keyboard is very easy to operate with its Gold-plated USB connector, plug and play, and there is no driver or instruction needed. High quality is also ensured because this is a real mechanical gaming keyboard, and all the keys are independent of each other.
Complete the perfect gaming atmosphere with the addition of this keyboard on your set up, there even a lot of choices in the switches that can definitely cater to your preference.
- The new satellite switch design makes it easier to use and more comfortable than ever.
- These keyboard keys are double injected with rubber so that they’ll stay shiny and new.
- High and low keyboard design that is very ergonomically friendly.
- Lacks the usual wrist support popular with Aula.
3. TECWARE PHANTOM TKL
With over 20 lighting modes, 5 levels and an option to customize, there is so much freedom to allow the keyboard to fit the desired aesthetic. The SMD LED with Dual FR-4 Fibreglass PCB also secures the quality of the light for a longer lifespan. This keyboard features a Floating Key Design, 50 million Reliable Keystrokes, and an 87 Key layout.
The Modular Switches make it easy to replace any faulty switch, and the Long Lifespan SMD LEDs provide years of continuous use. The Doubleshot ABS keycaps are resistant to wear and fading, and the Multiple Lighting Effects create a stunning display. Finally, the Braided USB Cable ensures a smooth, distortion-free connection.
- Rated at 50 million keystrokes and comes with 3 choices for the switch.
- Modular switches are very easy to replace.
- Floating keys design that is very easy to clean up.
- No update yet regarding its compatibility with Windows 11.
The SMD LED with Dual FR-4 Fibreglass PCB also secures the quality of the light for a longer lifespan.Check prices on Lazada
4. Armaggeddon SMK-9R RGB
With Mousepad and Hand Rest
A keyboard that prioritizes functionality and the comfort of the user with a built-in mouse pad and hand rest, but of course there is also no compromise when it comes to the aesthetics it provides. Game with comfort and with the proper atmosphere with the addition of this keyboard to your setup.
It also has a slim profile for faster response in and out of game, adjustable angles, and N-key rollover so you can type or game to your heart’s content.
- KevlarTeach keycaps that are designed concavely for comfort and life-time fade-proof warranty.
- Ultra-durable 50 million cycle mechanical switch with distinct tactile feedback.
- Multicolor blacklight keyboard: individually lit keys with 12 different effects and adjustable brightness level.
- Most online sellers do not allow to choose a color from this model.
Game with comfort and with the proper atmosphere with the addition of this keyboard to your setup.Check prices on Lazada
5. Logitech G913 – Wireless
Best wireless mechanical keyboard
A wireless keyboard from Logitech that’s connected through bluetooth and an integrated palm rest for comfort as well. This is a revolutionized keyboard that levels up your gaming setup and makes gaming more comfortable. Its wireless capabilities provide players with great flexibility and freedom from cords, while its pro-grade performance ensures that you never have to sacrifice quality for convenience.
The LIGHTSYNC technology provides RGB lighting that synchronizes perfectly with any content, making your battlestation look truly amazing. With a battery life of up to 40 hours, this keyboard is perfect for even the longest gaming sessions.
- Innovatively crafted media controls
- Customizable light settings and colours through light sync
- Tenkeyless design that provides portability with a compact design to store USB receivers.
- One of the best but also one of the most expensive out there.
6. Ducky One 2 Mini
Best portable mechanical keyboard
We love the elegance of this keyboard. The Pure White packaging creates a dainty and minimalist vibe in your working area. Aside from that, it is also packed with great features. This is perfect for minimalists and everyday use. This keyboard features a brand new bezel design, dual-layer PCB, and PBT double-shot keycaps to give you a superior typing experience.
Plus, the included 10 additional PBT double-shot colourful keycaps add some fun flare to your setup. While it comes with its own type C connector, it is worth noting that this keyboard is portable. Although it is smaller than the traditional keyboard, it is designed to still make long time typing ergonomic.
- 10 additional PBT double-shot colourful keycaps (Random colour)
- Brand new bezel design and Dual-layer PCB
- PBT double – shot seamless keycaps
- Supports Ducky Macro 2.0
- No number pad included
- Some trouble with Bluetooth connection
7. Philips SPK8405
Long Key Life
You do not need to be a gamer, though to enjoy this keyboard if you are willing to invest in premium quality and an ergonomic keyboard for long-term use. This has one of the best key life among all keyboards in the market.
It is easy to install with its USB connection, so it works for almost any unit of PC or laptop. It also has a rating of 60 million keystrokes, meaning that it will last for years even with heavy use.
- Anti-ghosting Keys: Full Keys Anti-ghosting & 6 Keys Anti-ghosting
- Rated Voltage DC 5V
- Key Life About 60 Million Times
- Relatively new in gaming keyboards so features are still pretty basic.
8. Cooler Master CK350 Outemu
What we love about this keyboard is its standard layout, but still provides enough room for customization. You can replace it keycaps with your preferred look, or you can stick to its classic/original appearance. This keyboard has a great response rate of 1ms/ 1000Hz, perfect for your loads of desk work or basic gaming activities.
The Cooler Master CK350 Outemu switch RGB mechanical gaming keyboard has the performance and features to make sure you’re always on top of your game. With an LED color that can be customized to match your style, and Outemu switches for speed and accuracy, this keyboard is perfect for any gamer looking to up their game.
- LED colour: RGB
- Keyboard switch type: Outemu switch
- Keyboard polling rate: 1000Hz
- Might be too flashy for some.
9. MageGee Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
It’s got that classic black keyboard look to match your computer. However, we all know that struggle with an all-black keyboard. Here comes a dash of pink in your room, but performs like all its tougher-looking counterparts. It features a sleek and stylish brushed aluminum design, as well as 7 colorful backlight effects.
Plus, it comes with 104 classic layout buttons and 10 multimedia function keys. The blue switches provide a crisp key click that is sure to please. You wouldn’t need any driver to install this, too. It’s one of those plugs and plays keyboards. You can also choose whether to use the backlight or not.
- Mechanical switch for Excellent typing feel.
- Anodized aluminium plate
- Two-stage ergonomic keyboard feet
- N-Key rollover function
- Wire is a bit bulky
10. ASUS TUF Gaming K3
Best quality and value for money
It’s one of the more affordable keyboards in the market, yet still comes with all the necessary features to make user’s experience comfortable. The ASUS TUF Gaming K3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard features intuitive RGB backlighting and key illumination, 8 programmable keys, on-the-fly macro recording, dedicated media controls, and a magnetic wrist rest to keep you comfortable during marathon gaming sessions.
Made from aero-space grade aluminum alloy for superior durability, this keyboard also boasts on board memory for profile storage so you can take your personalized settings with you wherever you go.
- On-the-fly macro recording
- With on-board memory
- Made from aero-space grade aluminum alloy
- Magnetic wrist rest
- No cons so far, except the slow re-stocking in most shops
11. Razer Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Blackwidow V3
This Razer keyboard was such a hit last year, and we totally understand why, even if we are not into gaming. The level of responsiveness coupled with that satisfying sound of the keys just makes this one of the must-have upgrades for your PC set. Another unique feature is that it allows you to create complex command combinations through the Razer Hypershift.
- Ultimate Personalization and Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma
- Offers effortless, full integration with popular game titles and syncs with Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners
- Supports 16.8 million colours on individually backlit keys
- Some features can be too complicated to use for casual users.
- Also really expensive compared to other models/brands
How do I Choose the Best Mechanical Keyboard?
Choosing a mechanical keyboard can be tough, especially with the newest features now being offered by so many brands. One of the things we learned from making this list is to first focus on the durability and keycap quality of the product.
If you get that right, you are most likely to enjoy and get your money’s worth with any brand you choose.
The second consideration is the ergonomic feature of your keyboard. If you are to upgrade, after all, it should be with the latest models that now take into consideration the proper position and placement of your hands while using the keyboard for a long time.
Finally, it is always a good idea to go for keyboards with a built-in backlight. They will come in handy during those late-night work or gaming.
Best brands of gaming keyboards
Here is a list of the best brands of gaming keyboards:
Razer is a company known for making gaming peripherals. They make some of the best gaming keyboards on the market. Their keyboards are very well made and they have a lot of features that gamers will love.
Corsair is also a company that makes gaming peripherals. They make some great gaming keyboards, and like Razer, they also have a lot of features that gamers will love.
Logitech is a company that makes a lot of different types of electronics, including gaming keyboards. Their keyboards are generally good quality, and they have a lot of features that gamers will appreciate.
Whether you’re a PC or Mac gamer, it’s time to upgrade your keyboard. Not only will you enjoy faster response times and more comfort while gaming, but mechanical keyboards also look really cool. And you don’t have to break the bank either – there are great affordable options for gamers that won’t cost an arm and a leg. So what are you waiting for? Upgrade today!
Click here for other electronics product related articles.
This article was brought to you by BestAdvisor.my
Disclaimer: This is the opinion of the writer or publication. We only recommend products or services that we have tested and tried ourselves or have done in-depth research with positive external reviews and find them to be useful for everyone. The products/services shown are available upon the publication date. The availability may change from time to time. If some of them are not available, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!
Last Updated on