One of the easy go-to snack supplement of people in the gym is “protein shakes”. These are filling and healthy smoothies that ensure nutrients are quickly absorbed by the body needed for fuel and recovery. Whey protein is one of the most popular forms of this protein powder. It is popular for a lot of good reasons but mainly because it is deemed to have the highest quality out of protein powders. The bonus? It tastes better, too!
Ready to add whey protein to your fitness nutrition? Check out these best whey proteins in Malaysia today.
1. Optimum Nutrition, Gold Standard 100% Whey, Double Rich Chocolate, 5 lbs (2.27 kg)
If you want to invest in your macronutrients, this Gold Standard Whey Protein fits the criteria. It is a whey protein isolate, which means you are getting the cleanest and highest quality of protein in every scoop.
- 4 g Glutamine & Glutamic Acid
- Naturally & Artificially Flavored
- Whey Protein Isolates • Primary Source
- 100% of the Protein From Whey
The best part is this mixture does not necessarily require any blender. Perfect for those who live a hectic schedule.Check prices on iHerb
2. Muscletech, Nitro-Tech, Whey Isolate + Lean Muscle builder, Milk Chocolate, 2.00 lbs (907 g)
This popular American brand of whey protein is finally now available in Malaysia. You might want to start with this variant, as it comes with a generous serving of 30 grams of protein.
- 70% Better Than Regular Whey – Based on Research From St. Frances Xavier University
- Whey Isolate & Peptides Primary Source
- Builds 70% More Lean Muscle Than Regular Whey¹
- Amplifies Recovery, Performance & Strength
You are assured of the quality of this whey protein, guaranteed to have no fillers or other undiagnosed ingredients. You can clearly check the ingredients and nutrient content from the packaging.Check prices on iHerb
3. MusclePharm, Combat 100% Whey Protein, Chocolate Milk, 2 lbs (907 g)
With so many whey protein brands being marketed in the market these days, it can be challenging to find one that is guaranteed free from banned substances. It is important to go for one that is packed with nothing but pure whey and other amino acids.
- Protein Powder Drink Mix
- Ultra Premium 100% Whey Protein
- Amazing Taste with Low Fat
- Fast Digesting Whey Protein Isolate & Whey Protein Concentrate
To ensure the integrity of their products, MusclePharm is consistently beefing up their research and development. So, you can be assured that what you are taking will directly impact positively on your performance.Check prices on iHerb
4. ALLMAX Nutrition, AllWhey Classic, 100% Whey Protein, Chocolate, 2 lbs (907 g)
It is such a treat to find a whey protein that tastes as good as our favourite indulgent drink, and this is one of our favourites in terms of flavour.
- Lab-Tested & Certified, Guaranteed
- 30 g Protein
- 0 mg Gluten
It’s clean nutrient-packed with protein content. You get at 70% protein for every 43 gram serving of this whey protein, or a total of 30 grams of protein. Definitely worth your every penny.Check prices on iHerb
5. ALLMAX Nutrition, AllWhey Gold, 100% Whey Protein + Premium Whey Protein Isolate, Strawberry, 5 lbs. (2.27 kg)
Still with great flavour but with more protein yield at 80 per cent! It’s like getting your own favourite shake minus the guilt.
- Primary Source: Whey Protein Isolate
- Lab Tested & Certified, Guaranteed
- 24 g Protein – 2 g Sugar – 120 Calories
AllWhey is proud to produce the cleanest whey protein and ensures low fat and carbs in their formulation.Check prices on iHerb
6. Natural Factors, Whey Factors, Grass-Fed Whey Protein, Natural Double Chocolate, 2 lbs (907 g)
For those who are deeply concerned about the sources of whey, Whey Factors can put your doubts to rest. This is derived from grass-fed and GMO-free cow sources.
- Protein 18 g – Carbs 3 g – Fat 2.5 g – Calories 110
- Undenatured – Microfiltered
- Dietary Supplement
- Comes in flavoured and unflavored variations
With low calorie per serving, you are guaranteed of pure protein intake without compromising your weight goals. Instead, you can focus on muscle development and recovery.Check prices on iHerb
7. Solgar, Whey To Go, Whey Protein Powder, Vanilla, 12 oz (340 g)
Lacto-vegetarians’ search for a whey protein can end here. Whey To Go is 98% lactose-free and is free from gluten and artificial sweeteners.
- rBGH Free
- Cross-Flow Micro-Filtered
- Low Heat, Non-Chemical Extraction Process
Despite being primarily lactose-free, this whey supplement still comes with a significant amount of protein at 20grams and is proven to have high biological value.Check prices on iHerb
8. MRM, Natural Whey Protein, Rich Vanilla, 4.5 oz (127 g)
What’s better than a natural whey protein? One that comes with probiotics. You are not only boosting your protein content but also taking care of your gut with every intake.
- 18 g Protein 7.7 BCAA+G
- Antibiotic & Hormone Free
- With Probiotics, Kefir & Enzymes
Overall, this product will help you maintain your muscle gains while also promoting faster recovery. Your body will also be able to absorb and retain the protein nutrient better with the Digest-All AP.Check prices on iHerb
9. Universal Nutrition, Ultra Whey Pro, Mocha Cappuccino, 5.0 lbs (2.27 kg)
Honestly, what attracted us first to this whey protein product is its coffee flavour. It’s a perk me up a drink but better because of all the high-quality protein that comes along with it.
- Protein Powder
- Cross-Flower Ultrafiltered Whey Peptide Protein
- Triple Whey Formula
It mixes almost as easily as your coffee mix, too. Every scoop already contains 22 grams of protein, and makes it ideal for two servings, especially if you are working out.Check prices on iHerb
10. Dymatize Nutrition, Elite 100% Whey Protein Powder, Cookies & Cream, 5 lbs (2.3 kg)
The formulation basically had serious athletes in mind. It is meant to deliver high-quality protein in every serving, to ensure proper muscle gains, as well as improved performance and recovery.
- Protein 25 g
- BCAAs 5.5 g
- Leucine 2.7 g
These key ingredients ensure that every hardworking athlete will only come out better, even after a strenuous workout.Check prices on iHerb
How to Choose the Right Whey Protein For You
Although it is a general knowledge that whey protein is all about the premium quality of proteins and other nutrients, it is still important to choose the best one to fit your needs. Whey proteins are formulated differently, depending on the type of consumer that it targets.
If you are an athlete, you need to go for whey proteins with a prime focus on muscle recovery and optimized performance. This could mean higher carb and fat content, but still within acceptable calories per serving. Check the protein yield of the whey protein that you are considering, as well as its sources. Some people may prefer less lactose in their whey protein, and some brands specialize in this as well.
Check out our top picks for whey protein in Malaysia below:
- Optimum Nutrition, Gold Standard 100% Whey, Double Rich Chocolate, 5 lbs (2.27 kg)
- Muscletech, Nitro-Tech, Whey Isolate + Lean Muscle builder, Milk Chocolate, 2.00 lbs (907 g)
- MusclePharm, Combat 100% Whey Protein, Chocolate Milk, 2 lbs (907 g)
You might be interested in these articles:
- 11 Best Multi-Vitamins in Malaysia for Healthier Life
- 10 Best Fish Oil In Malaysia for Healthier Life
- 10 Best Probiotics in Malaysia for Better Digestive System
- 10 Best Protein Powder In Malaysia to Stay Fit and Bulk Up Your Muscle
- 12 Best Vitamin C Serum in Malaysia for Healthy Skin
- 10 Best Whey Protein in Malaysia for Healthy Life
- Collagen Drink Malaysia - 12 Best Picks for Better Skin
Click here for health-related products.
What are the best brands of whey protein in Malaysia?💪🏼
Gold Standard, MuscleTech, MusclePharm, AllMax Nutrition, Natural Factors.
What is the difference between whey powder and protein powder?🧐
Whey isolates are considered as the best, highest quality form of protein powders. It also contains less carbs and fat than a regular protein powder.
How do I choose a whey power? ❓
If you are an athlete, you need to go for whey proteins with a prime focus on muscle recovery and optimized performance. This could mean higher carb and fat content, but still within acceptable calories per serving. Check the protein yield of the whey protein that you are considering, as well as its sources.
How much does whey powder cost in Malaysia?
Whey powder costs around RM250.00 for a 2-3 months worth of supply.