Last Updated on
There are many elements that go into proper and efficient running, such as maintaining solid form and engaging in the right kind of breathing. However, another critical factor in running well is that of the shoes chosen by the athlete. Having the right shoe can help you make the most of each run, but it can also thwart the types of injuries that can sideline you for extended periods of time.
The good news is that there are numerous sources for all sorts of women running shoes throughout Malaysia. The following shoes are some of the best running shoes for women in Malaysia who are interested in preparing properly for any type of run.
1. Nike Pegasus Women Running Shoes
Nikes Pegasus is the all-time top-selling Nike running shoes. This is also the model that did the first-ever use Air Wedge, which is an air-only heel.
- Designed to keep you secure and fast when you move from the road to the trails, with two separate Air pods that offer responsiveness and stabilization on uneven trails.
- Nike zoom series is created with the best innovation of Nike that helps one achieve a top speed in no time.
- Engineered mesh upper and Flywire lacing system that allows you to feel secured while picking up the pace
The entire collection is made to help the runner improve speed, designed to improve lightness on the feet, and also designed to fit properly, providing comfort.Check prices on Nike
2. Adidas Ultra Boost for Women
The main goal of this specific group of collection of Adidas is to be the best running shoes not only for experienced runners but also for those just starting to take up running. It is also defined to be an innovation in action. In order to achieve this, Adidas looked into the different points of the human’s feet and where strain and tension are focused and accustomed to the shoes to provide comfort.
- It is developed by a technology previously used by NASA, the ARAMIS motion capture technology.
- A lot of unique designs, therefore this collection is not only suitable for sports but also for fashion and style. A pair was previously worn by Kanye West during the 2015 Billboard music awards. In fact, it has become the first running shoe to be famous in both the fashion and running world.
- Built to have responsive and comfortable cushioning, therefore it doesn’t only provide comfort but also safety for the runner.
The price range of the Ultraboost is on the expensive side, but it surely is worth the investment, especially to make running easier and safer as well.Check prices on Adidas
3. Asics Gel Kayano Running Shoes for Women
Within the Asics brand, the Kayano line is known for its top tier stability feature. The line of Gel Kayano is recognized as a cushion stability trainer that competes with other trainers in terms of stability and price.
- Tailored fit from the heel to toe that hugs the contours of the feet without being restricted, which helps the runner have more stability.
- Lace-up closure and a breathable upper mesh
- Reflective materials in the rear foot with a dynamic DuoMax technology
The sizing is also reviewed to be “true to size” and not wider than expected. It provides stability and comforts the moment it is worn until the shoes are removed, the feet will not feel as tired.Check prices on Sports Direct
4. NEW BALANCE Fresh Foam 880 V10 Womens Running Shoe
This model of shoes is well known to be very suitable for performing daily training work. It is also considered to be a modernized pair of shoes but without compromising the cushioning ride and the versatility of the shoe.
- A plush landing is provided by the current Fresh Foam X midsole, while a responsive take-off is provided by an EVA foam sheet in the forefoot.
- A blown rubber outsole that provides durability and grip as well as a generous flex grooves that gives a smooth stride.
- HypoKnit outer that makes slip-on easier and provides sufficient stretch and support.
This multi-purpose running shoe has a plush, responsive ride that can accommodate anything.Check prices on Sports Direct
5. UNDER ARMOUR HOVR Sonic 3 Metallic Shoes for Women
Our first Under Armour entry is their Sonic 3 running shoes, which has been renowned for their cushion technology, using the UA HOVR foam. From your first fit of these shoes, you will be able to feel the comfort offered by this pair of shoes.
- The UA HOVR technology gives you a zero-gravity feel making your every stride
- Microthread upper material, allowing your shoes to dry fast
- You can connect this to UA MAPMYRUN to tracks and analyze your running metrics
This is one of the most innovative shoes on the list and an ideal choice for those who want to pursue running seriously. It goes beyond comfort. It helps you better track your progress and improves your overall fitness through running.Check prices on Sports Direct
6. PUMA UltraRide Women Running Shoes
The PUMA Ultraride is a lightweight running shoe with a sporty feel and a trendy style. The shoe, which weighs just 243 grams, is designed for high-intensity workouts, making it a perfect trainer for the track or a long run on the road.
- The shoe’s fit features a very soft mesh sole, a conventional lacing device, and a small footbed.
- The midsole is made of EVA that is partnered with a plastic propulsion plate that makes the shoes rigid yet comfortable and makes the run more stable
- The shoe’s sole doesn’t have much height that helps the runner build in more speed and provide easier strides.
The main and best functionality of this line of shoes is for short term and track running and not much for a day-long run.Check prices on Sports Direct
7. Adidas Pureboost Running Shoes
Similar to the Ultraboost and the rest of the shoes in the BOOST line of Adidas, the main goal is to be the best running shoes not only for experienced runners but also for those just starting to take up running. It is also defined to be an innovation in action. In order to achieve this, Adidas looked into the different points of the human’s feet and where strain and tension are focused and accustomed to the shoes to provide comfort.
- PUREBoost, specifically, was designed to be the perfect running shoes to use when running in a city environment.
- A uniquely knitted upper cushion to create a beautiful silhouette that is not only for running but can also easily match with any outfit
- The design was stripped down to what was only essential, allowing more space to provide quality.
The focus for this specific BOOST line is to create a running shoe that not only provides comfort and stability while running but also would be easy to use when commuting on feet.Check prices on Adidas
8. Nike Zoom Fly3 Series
Considering the regular price for running shoes, this Nike Zoom Fly3 is considerably more affordable. This model is also known to be the perfect purchase when looking for a performance on a budget.
- Carbon Fibre plate that provides stability and comfort to run long distances
- Very flexible and is perfect to use for either training or even to run and race.
- Made from TPE that is flexible and very comfortable to wear
Zoom Fly3 is the perfect choice when looking for a pair of running shoes on a budget in order to train or develop at a faster pace.Check prices on Nike
9. NEW BALANCE Fresh Foam Tempo Womens Running Shoes
While New Balance has been releasing irresistible casual shoes lately, the brand can also compete in terms of their performance shoes series, including this Fresh Foam Tempo. For those who have tried the Tempo Zante, you will find this model to be a refreshing upgrade.
- Lace-up closure for a more secured feel
- Textile and mesh upper, soft and breathable
- Fresh foam midsole cushion
The new Fresh Foam Tempo gives you a better ground feel, and you will notice your run to be smoother without having to worry about slipping inside your shoes because of the secured upper.Check prices on Sports Direct
10. Nike Revolution 5
The Nike Revolution 5 uses soft foam to cushion your stride and keep you running in comfort. A minimalist design fits in just about anywhere your day takes you, while lightweight knit material wraps your foot in breathable support.
- Solid and consistent foam for the sole
- The layer of breathable mesh to keep the feet cool, especially for those who sweat a lot
- Flexible, allowing the feet to flex with ease
This model of Nike Revolution was thoroughly designed in order to be the go to shoes when during an outdoor running and trail.Check prices on Nike
11. Nike Downshifter for Women
Downshifter is Nike’s king of padding and cushion. It is unbelievably lightweight but offers ample support. Chrome colourway adds to the overall luxurious look of the shoes.
- Midfoot lockdown – this is a feature that ensures tightness around your foot after lacing up. This is important in securing your feet while you run
- Extra flexible insole, so it adapts to your feet’s landing
- Durable rubber outsole
You will also notice a thicker heel padding with a downshifter, and instead of making it uncomfortable and too tight, the padding adds contour to your feet.Check prices on Nike
12. Asics Gel Nimbus – Women Series
If you want a durable and well-cushioned running, Asics Gel is the runner-approved line of shoes. Nimbus uses the Flytefoam Propel Technology for its cushion.
- It has impact guidance technology, so you are confident that your ankle and knee are well-supported
- Engineered mesh upper for better breathability
Experience smoother stride with Nimbus. If you have been using an old pair of shoes, or worse, not running shoes for running, you will immediately feel the difference once you switch to Nimbus. AHAR™ outsole allows you to enjoy your shoes longer.Check prices on Sports Direct
13. Nike Infinity React for Women
This deserves to be on the top list despite not being one of the hottest models from Nike. In terms of performance, Infinity React has long been tested by pro runners. It’s one of your safest and most practical choices for running shoes.
- Flywire technology for the upper, guaranteeing breathability and support
- High foam for extra cushion
- Responsive and long-lasting comfort
It’s a good shoe option for those who love long walks, too. In fact, it is recommended by most users to test this shoe first by walking to give your feet time to adjust to the insole support.Check prices on Nike
14. UNDER ARMOUR Charged Bandit 6 Running Shoes
Keep it classy or flashy. Choose between the all-black or the bright red colour of Bandit 6 for your next run. The TPU midsole of these shoes ensures stability and support while running.
- Lightweight, engineered two-toned mesh upper construction for increased ventilation
- Cushioned ankle collar & tongue for added comfort
- Charged Cushioning® midsole is firmer in the heel & softer in the forefoot for support & comfort
This is an ideal choice for runners who struggle with their stability during their run. It has a neutral design to prevent you from slipping inside your shoes but also offers sufficient cushion.Check prices on Sports Direct
15. PUMA HYBRID Sky Womens Running Shoes
This street-style sneaker is actually a top-performing running shoe. You can take it on the run or simply wear it for your regular errands. The same level of comfort is guaranteed by its Hydrid Foam Technology.
- Combination of IGNITE Foam and NRGY beads
- Superior cushioning from heel to toe
- Mesh upper for breathability
This works on almost all types of surfaces, including indoors, since it comes with a rubber outsole for better grip.Check prices on Sports Direct
Importance of Choosing Running Shoes with Cushion
One of the common features of running shoes is their cushion technology. This is to ensure the least possible impact on your joints with every stride. Running is one of the most high-impact exercises, and while it is great for fitness, it can also pose risks to your feet. Without proper cushioning and support, you are more prone to injuries. Most of these you may not notice right away, but can happen gradually with every run not wearing the right shoes for you.
Advantages Of Flat Shoes For Runners
Are flat shoes suitable for running? Outlined below are some of the benefits and reasons to consider flat running shoes.
1. They offer optimal support: Flat shoes offer optimal foot support as compared to heeled shoes. They offer almost the same experience as you would get running barefooted, but with added comfort and cushioning. This alone is enough to promote stronger muscles, tendons, and ligaments in your feet, making you an even stronger and better athlete.
2. Enable one to land mid-foot: The first rule in long-distance running is to always land on your mid or forefoot. It’s only in doing so that you will spring back quickly and efficiently without losing momentum. Flat shoes encourage you to land on your mid-foot and hardly with your heel, hence great for both short and long runs. Your heels won’t even hurt when you run in these.
3. Promote stronger leg and ankle muscles: Running in flat shoes helps activate the various leg and foot muscles, toning them for better performance. Activating and exercising these muscles not only makes you stronger but improves your overall balance too.
While it all boils down to personal preference, experts believe flat shoes are the way to go if looking to become a better athlete. Try them today to see if they make a difference in your overall performance, strength, and stability.
Tips For Selecting The Best Running Shoes for Women
If you have never selected running shoes before, you will want to keep more than simply their level of cushioning. All running shoes tend to feel comfortable on first wearing, but the key is whether or not they will stay that way during actual outings on the road or the treadmill.
You also need to pay attention to the flexibility and the responsiveness of each shoe you are considering. As such, you will want to let the natural shape of your feet mould to the interior of the shoes in a way that facilitates proper propulsion with every stride. In order to get a great fit, you need to know what sort of arch you have and whether it is high, normal, or low. A professional fitter will be able to match your foot type to just the right shoe, simplifying the buying process.
How To Get The Best Fit For Running Shoes?
It doesn’t matter if you’re completely new to running or if you’ve been doing so for many years. It is extremely important that you buy well-fitting shoes so that you can comfortably and safely run for as much as you like. Remember, this is not just about being comfortable because improperly fitting shoes can cause you to get serious injuries that will make you unable to run for a long time.
You may typically think that your normal shoe size would be the same size you’d use for your running shoes. However, the different running shoe brands have a bit of variation in the sizes, and even specific models in the same brand have different fits. In order to get the best fit, you’ll have to determine the type of foot arch you have as well as if your feet are wider than typical feet in order to find a great fit.
Since you’re likely not familiar with all the finer details of running shoe sizing, it is definitely recommended that you get assistance from a qualified professional at a specialty running shop. They will be able to help you find the right type of shoe for your personal needs as well as one that is well suited to you and your particular style of running.
Best Women Running Shoes in Malaysia
You might be interested in these articles:
- Men Running Shoes Malaysia – 15 Best Picks to Boost Your Run Performance
- Women Running Shoes Malaysia – 15 Best Choices
- 8 Best Yoga Mat in Malaysia for Yoga lover
- 9 Best Treadmill in Malaysia to Keep You Healthy
- 7 Best Weighing Scale in Malaysia
- Folding Bikes Malaysia - 8 Best Picks for Casual Riders
Click here for other fitness related articles.
- How To Prepare For A Kitchen Renovation - June 10, 2021
- 5 Signs To Watch Out For Saying You Need To Hire A Pest Control Expert - June 4, 2021
- Why Should You Hire A Professional Plumber For Your Concerns? - April 25, 2021
This article was brought to you by BestAdvisor.my
Disclaimer: This is the opinion of the writer or publication. We only recommend products or services that we have tested and tried ourselves or have done in-depth research with positive external reviews and find them to be useful for everyone. The products/services shown are available upon the publication date. The availability may change from time to time. If some of them are not available, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!